Thursday, August 18, 2016

Touchdown to Guatemala!



Okay, so I am almost traveled out.  I like to explore and be challenged, but it's also nice to have a home base. Honestly, I probably feel this way because it is so hard for me to actually travel and be fulfilled when I can't speak the language (aka me in Indonesia). 

And so, I just arrived to Guatemala and well, I am ready to make it a pseudo home-base. :) I'm here to do interviews with indigenous textile weavers for my thesis. As I do my interviews I am also volunteering at Maya Traditions, a non -profit social enterprise which makes accessories and home goods and has ethical tourism. I am so excited! Here are some pictures of the beautiful lake I am based out of, the famous Lake Atitlan in Solola, Guatemala alongside some snapshots of what I do. 

More to come and more to explore, stay tuned! ^_^


The traveling duck,
Christine

2 comments:

  1. I want to travel but I do know I'll have issues not being able to speak the language... I still want to see the place...

    I can imagine it feels good to finally come home... and just relax xox ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pics! Love it!
    Check my new post*
    www.a-be-atriz.com
    xx, A Be-atriz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the lovely comment. God bless & stay Be-you-tiful!