Thursday, November 3, 2016

Photography on Lago Atitlan: On Poise and Perfection

creative photography guatemala
lago atitlan fotografo
lake atitlan photographer
lake atitlan guatemala christine tjahjadi lopez
fashion blogger guatemala

Happy Thursday evening everyone!

I am so excited to share some of my new inspired photography from Guatemala. :) Between my fellowship, my thesis, scholarship applications and moving into a house, I have been swamped with no time to blog. But alas, I am here on my little space on the internet. Today I bring to you photography inspired by poise. There is something so beautiful, graceful and attractive about being poised. Not just being poised physically, but being poised as a young woman, knowing that even with flaws, we are beautiful creations of God.

What creates poise in a person anyways? Is it confidence? Upbringing? Culture? Money? A false mirage copying a particular social class? Looking into scripture, it isn't really poise that is valued. But instead, things rooted in confidence and truth. 

"So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart."
- 2 Timothy 2:22

With this I wonder if poise attracts me because it seems to be perfection from the eyes of this world. What we should be striving for is perfection in Christ, not in this world. What does perfection of this world mean anyhow? Striving to be your best is always my motto, but I always say be true to your truth, not that peers say. I suppose we can be somewhat perfect based on our definition of perfection. However, it is God who has the ultimatum always and His perfection is the Alfa and Omega.


Blessings from Guatemala,
Christine
Facebook :: Twitter :: Instagram :: YouTube 

P.S. Gracias a mi amiga Carla por ser mi modelo! <3 

2 comments:

  1. Christine, I love the idea of poise... it has such a great look, I think it comes with confidence... it sometimes take a while to achieve.... some people have it early in life xox

    I have missed you, you sound like you have been quite busy, remember to take a break from time to time xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine, I was just thinking about you, I hope you are doing well... the Christmas holidays do keep us busy ... have a great holiday xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the lovely comment. God bless & stay Be-you-tiful!