Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Basic Black + White OOTD #EthicallyStyled

ethical fashion blogs inspiration
AG Jeans, HM Conscious Collection
ethical sneakers fair trade
guatemala fashion blogger
 
black and white outfit inspiration
inkkas shoes ethically made

Just a little casual OOTD for ya today with my favorite sustainably made basics. Traveling obviously means I have a restricted outfit options, however I love all of my investment piece basics, ethically sourced of course! Details below for each piece.

Black sleeveless Blouse //  HM Conscious Collection
The only line HM carries(carried) (and the entire mall actually) that upholds a somewhat strict labor and environmental standard for the production of the garment (but of course not as good as PrAnaPatagoniaThreads for Thought, or Mata Traders who are fair trade). I'm waiting to see if HM will come out with a new Conscious Collection line this season... if not, say hello to another great disappointment/healf hearted attempt from the indistry.
White denim, Stevie Ankle Jeans // AG Jeans via Anthropologie
Sustainable fibers, vertically integrated factory and excess fabric upcycled
Handwoven Inkkas Low Top Sneakers  // via Modavanti
Sustainably dyed and made with traditional textiles from Latin America
10% off Inkkas Shoes "DEAL10"

Enough about the outfit! So, God has been really working in my life recently! Not only did I land my dream job, which is 5-8 years before my planned out timeline, but God is blessings me as far as local community, photography opportunities, and outreach opportunities. In the end, I remember all the sacrifices I made and all the hundreds of people who touched my life and helped me along the way and I see how God has worked from one person to another to push me to where I am now, where I can make a positive impact on lives. It is so incredible. Yes, we are all called by Jesus Christ to not "conform to this world," but live "transformed lives" (Romans 12:2). And as "soldiers" for the Lord, we are asked not to give up (2 Timothy 2:3). It's totally doable, hard at times, and at times I totally suck and don't act like I have Christ in my heart, but with a good support and my Bible as nourishment, I keep finding my way. :) As everyone always says, you never know it in the moment, but God has great things in store for you and is planning out your future... just have faith. Amen!


"And we know all things work together for good for those who are called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28


The very blessed traveling duck,
Christine

1 comment:

  1. Christine, I think we all have ups and downs with spirituality... we just have to keep trying... I have a lot of work to do there myself.xox Your outfit is great, I love the black and white combination ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the lovely comment. God bless & stay Be-you-tiful!