Happy Thursday to all on this wonderful day in the second week of Advent! How exciting, right? Only two more weeks until we celebrate Jesus Christ's birth! Woop woop! ;)
Today I am excited to be collaborating with California-based sustainable fashion blogger Yarina the "fashion scientist", from Fashion Hedge. Unlike my blog which is more of a style blog, Yarina's blog extends into sustainable living, which is so lovely. Together, we have both put together lists of minimalist-inspired made in the USA products! We hope this helps you with your 2014 holiday shopping! After you check out these sa-weet finds, be sure to leave a comment then head over to check out Yarina's sister post. ;) Just a heads up, this list's ranges from $14 - $350.
1. MARKET BLOUSE | Be Good Clothing -- Made in Los Angeles, CA, with 100% Chinese Silk and dyed non-azo and non-formaldehyde dyes.
2. TITANIA INGLIS HAND-KNIT MERINO WOOL HAND WARMERS | Helpsy -- Hand-knitted in Maine with Merino Wool from Catskill Merino, a cruelty-free facility where sheep are never fed antibiotics or hormones
3. DANGLING HEART RING | Ariel Gordon Jewelry -- Made in Los Angeles, CA, by American designer Ariel Gordon with gold/sterling silver
4. MELIA SERAA DOUBLE BOX BAG | Freedom of Animals -- Freedom of Animals is based in New York and all of its products are made in USA. Made of post consumer plastic, 40% of which is biodegradable, vegetable dyed and with organic cotton lining.
5. COLOR REVOLUTION N°9.5 SUNGLASSES | Westward Leaning -- Made in San Francisco, CA, Westward Leaning is inspired in human achievements and supports different causes related to education represented in each of their products.
6. BLACK TWIST DRESS | ethica -- Made in New York in small quantities with organic or recycled fibers.
7. PINK HIMALAYAN BATH SALTS | Mullein and Sparrow -- Made in New York with natural ingredients and handcrafted in small batches.
8. GINGER BODY SCRUB| Origins -- A cleansing blend of sea salt, Macadamia, Soybean and Sweet Almond Oil.
9. DARK RUM VOTIVE CANDLE | Malin+Goetz -- As ewe explained in a previous post, we love this brand's range of products and commitment to local production since its beginnings in New York in 2004.
*Bonus pick: HILLER COAT| Reformation
Made in Los Angeles with deadstock material, waste fabrics from fashion houses.
10. ECO-FRIENDLY NAIL LAQUER | Scotch Naturals -- "3 free" nontoxic as well as free of ethyl acetate, butyl acetate, nitrocellulose, acetone, and heavy metals, water-based polish
11. MOXIE MUST-HAVE DRESS | Mod-cloth -- Vintage inspired, women-headed company
12. KEYSTONE RING | Lab by Laura Ross (from Modavanti) -- Artisan handmade, hand carved from wax and cast in Brooklyn, New York
13. PARALLEL LINES CUFF | Marjorie Baer -- Handmade in San Fransisco Bay Area
14. BLACK IPAD CLUTCH | Slightly Alabama (from Modavanti) -- Artisan handmade in New York
15. HERA NECKLACE | Hovey Lee -- Handmade, ecojewelry, consciously sourced and produced in Los Angeles, California
16. BEANIE - BLACK | Native Standard -- Start-up
We hope our list helps you choose products that support American-made artisans and companies this holiday season!
Celebrating Advent by Being More Gracious,